Search This Blog

PhotoHunt: Emotion(s)



18 shared thoughts
Champorado
*Happy Meal*
That's what we call champorado (rice cooked with the local "tableya" or chocolate made from cocoa seeds, together with sugar); it's also called sweet chocolate rice porridge, usually eaten during breakfast or as a snack. Some people use sticky rice to cook this, but my family and I don't. We use the "usual" white rice and then add in the "tableya" (hence the brown color) and sugar. Usually milk is added (like above) and I just made it into a smiley face so that my son would enjoy his breakfast more! :)

18 shared thoughts:

Anonymous at: Sat Jun 14, 03:46:00 AM GMT+8 said...

It sounds delicious and it looks so perfect for this hard theme, great choice!!

Michael at: Sat Jun 14, 06:56:00 AM GMT+8 said...

It sounds GREAT and looks even better!!


mmmmmmmmmm I want to try!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling at: Sat Jun 14, 08:59:00 AM GMT+8 said...

We call that Bubur Hitam in Singapore and Malaysia :) Love those coconut milk!! :)

Heart of Rachel at: Sat Jun 14, 10:46:00 AM GMT+8 said...

A happy face on champorado, very cute.

Anonymous at: Sat Jun 14, 11:32:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Love the happy face!! :)

Anonymous at: Sat Jun 14, 01:07:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Oh, that is a good idea, M.

What has happened to our Food Friday? Your site ok na?

jmb at: Sat Jun 14, 01:10:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Well this is a different take on the theme, but I love it. Have a good weekend Maiylah.

eastcoastlife at: Sat Jun 14, 01:35:00 PM GMT+8 said...

How interesting! Chocolate Rice! :)

marcia@joyismygoal at: Sat Jun 14, 03:05:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Haha great title did you clear it w/ McDonald's first:)J?K

YTSL at: Sat Jun 14, 04:36:00 PM GMT+8 said...

That looks (almost) too cute to eat! ;b

jams o donnell at: Sat Jun 14, 04:44:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Haha an excellent and delicious take on this week's theme! Happy weekend

Anonymous at: Sat Jun 14, 10:18:00 PM GMT+8 said...

A sure winner for breakfast in the mornings! You have gotten me drooling..:D

Anonymous at: Sun Jun 15, 01:08:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Oh that looks soooo good. Yes, my emotions are going!

I did something a little more shocking. :)

Anonymous at: Sun Jun 15, 01:15:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Now thats what I call a happy meal. Looks very delicious. I wouldn't mind trying that dish. I think I would also probably enjoy it as a late night snack. I really want to give this dish a try.

Natalie at: Sun Jun 15, 10:13:00 AM GMT+8 said...

That sounds tasty!

Harajuku PearL at: Sun Jun 15, 12:10:00 PM GMT+8 said...

hehehe i love the happy face! hmm..now i'm feeling like having dessert and its just lunch time...hehehehe

Pearl - have a good weekend

tigerfish at: Mon Jun 16, 01:48:00 PM GMT+8 said...

What a smiley! :D

Anonymous at: Tue Jun 17, 08:56:00 AM GMT+8 said...

My 6 yr old love the smiley face, but the first thing he saw was the Rubik's Cube. (He's on the autism spectrum and loves all kinds of puzzles.)

My first time here and I enjoyed my visit!

:)

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post