Search This Blog

Food Friday



10 shared thoughts
This week's Featured Food Friday player is...

Ms. Kriska Marie, who owns the blog Sweet Nothings, with her blog post: Tender Bob's

I must admit, I have a sweet tooth myself so I would definitely go for one of these! Good thing that's not the only one that Ms. Kriska Marie had posted...there are lots! So let's go and check out what's she's having and how she's liking (or not liking) them, so far!  
------------ oo000oo ------------

Burger Patties in Mushroom Sauce...one of my easy to-go-to meal when am pressed for time. Like a couple of days ago. :D


Ingredients:
  • ground pork (or beef)
  • seasonings like pepper, salt, different dried herbs (i used thyme, rosemary, sage and oregano), and soy sauce
  • rolled oats (around a fistful)
  • eggs for binding
  • onions and garlic finely chopped

Sauce:
  • a can of mushrooms (or you may use fresh), sliced and water removed
  • cornstarch and water mix (i used about a tsp cornstarch to half a cup of water)
  • chicken stock
  • butter, milk
  • salt, pepper


Procedure:

For the meat:
  • Mix everything then set aside for a bit to let the ingredients get to know each other.
  • Then form into patties and fry. Or you may bake them (way healthier, I think).
  • Set aside again, and make the sauce.

Sauce:
  • You may use the pan where you fried/baked the patties. Remove excess oil (around a tbsp. or two should be enough). Add the butter, then chicken stock. Let boil till it has reduced somewhat.
  • Add mushrooms and milk, then the cornstarch/water mix. Mix well.
  • Season with salt and pepper, if needed. When you're satisfied with the thickness of the sauce, remove from the fire and spoon over the patties.
  • Dig in!


I paired the patties with some tomatoes and peas. Would have wanted to have it with rice, but was really pressed for time, so we had it with bought bread instead. It was an ok dinner, I guess. Nothing fancy but it did fill some hungry stomachs! lol.

Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :) 



get the InLinkz code

10 shared thoughts:

Oggi at: Fri Jul 20, 03:26:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Oh I love burger steaks specially with this kind of sauce kahit walang rice or bread.

Iska at: Fri Jul 20, 05:43:00 AM GMT+8 said...

YUM! I just made homemade burger patties a couple of nights ago :-)

Winnie at: Fri Jul 20, 06:00:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Wonderful feature! And it's a mouth-watering photo :)

Maiylah - again I have a problem submitting.
The posts (2) have links to this page, however I get a page that says that i don't.

Tetcha at: Fri Jul 20, 07:37:00 AM GMT+8 said...

While I don't have a sweet tooth, I do indulge in sweets every once in a while, and that dessert is something I really find interesting. I also love burgers, but I wish I have an oven so I can bake my burger patties, too, to avoid having hypercholesterolemia again. Lol!

Intelliblog at: Sat Jul 21, 10:13:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Those patties look delicious. And above them is a very nice dessert to follow! :-)

Thanks for hosting!

Jessica Cassidy at: Sat Jul 21, 09:12:00 PM GMT+8 said...

what a sweet delight to have :-) I so love your recipe, want to try it for myself...joining the Food Friday after my vacation :-)

Unknown at: Sun Jul 22, 05:58:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Both dishes look delicious!!

kriska marie at: Sun Jul 22, 08:14:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Thanks a lot for featuring my blog! Sweet! :D

Ann at: Mon Jul 23, 08:15:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Hi it's my first time to link-up for Food Friday, and I'm happy I did..I might try this home made burger patties, my Kids would love them I suppose.

Unknown at: Tue Jul 24, 01:01:00 PM GMT+8 said...

:9 whipped cream!

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post