Search This Blog

Food Friday



11 shared thoughts
This week's Featured Food Friday player is ...

Ms Jenn, with her blog post Labong Meatballs, on her blog: Tara, Let's Eat!

I just know that I am going to love this Labong Meatballs even if I haven't tasted them yet. lol. It is kind of similar to the banana blossom burgers that my mom used to make...I haven't tried making them myself yet, but I just know that I will! Pretty soon! Do click on Ms. Jenn's shot above to see what I am talking about!
------------ oo000oo -------

Another easy peasy food post this week: Loaf Pizza. Actually, it was just an excuse to use the pizza sauce which had been sitting inside the refrigerator for ages! It was not expired yet, of course. lol. But Almost. :D


Ingredients
  • Loaf (sliced, but if we had pandesal I would have used it)
  • cheese (LOTS! we used Pizza Plus {by Perfect Italiano} - it had mozzarella, cheddar, and parmesan cheese)
  • onions, bellpeppers both diced
  • pizza sauce


Procedure
  • Have the ingredients ready, then assemble:
  • bread -> pizza sauce -> onions and bellpepper -> loads of cheese
  • Place inside oven toaster. Toast accordingly.
  • Or you may opt to add another slice of bread on top of the assembly and grill (or place inside a panini maker). Whichever is available and works best for you.


We actually had this last night. Hubby did most of it. I only helped with getting the stuff from the refrigerator. lol. My son wanted just cheese on top of his bread, while hubby and I went for the one with the pizza sauce, diced onion and bellpeppers (with the cheese thrown in, of course). One light dinner for all of us. Since we had a very heavy lunch. :P

ps. you can add anything to this pizza, actually. Tuna, ground meat, processed meat, pineapples, salted fish, chicken, chocolate (why not?!) ... just about anything but the kitchen sink! lol.

Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)



 Loading InLinkz ...



Here is the previous linky widget for those who have difficulty using the newer widget above (thanks to Ms. BiTi for the feedback):



get the InLinkz code

11 shared thoughts:

Hazel at: Fri Jan 25, 01:33:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Guess I have never tried any pizza with purple onions as pronounced as that. I love loads of cheese on pizzas.

Winnie at: Fri Jan 25, 03:57:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I'd looooove a pizza loaf right now. It looks great, and I'm hungry :)
Thanks for the party Maiylah and have a wonderful weekend

maiylah at: Fri Jan 25, 03:55:00 PM GMT+8 said...

@Hazel: ooh, we love red onions, that's why hubby placed lots. lol. :)

@Winnie: am sure your pizza loaf is going to be awesome! love your baked good...wish we were neighbors! :)

thanks so much, ladies!
enjoy the weekend!

Unknown at: Sat Jan 26, 12:12:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Dear Maiylah, looks like I am the only one still having trouble linking even with the 'old linky' that you just put back in. Thank you though.
You can check out (if you like) my recipe for shaking beef (yes shaking :-)) at
http://www.pret-a-vivre.com/2013/01/shaking-beef-bo-luc-lac-la-slanted-door.html

it's very tasty :-)
Have a great weekend!

Intelliblog at: Sat Jan 26, 06:03:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Home-made pizza tastes so much better than the store bought one!
Thanks for hosting.

maiylah at: Sat Jan 26, 08:28:00 AM GMT+8 said...

@Bi Ti: awwww, am so sorry you weren't able to share your post again! maybe your link is "no-follow"? tried linking it myself but it says it couldn't find a link back to this site. ugh. :(
will check out your post! sounds mighty interesting!!! thanks, dear :)

@Nicholas: i so agree! and you can put whatever you desire as a topping, too! i just wish i know how to bake the crust..hopefully one of these days.

thanks so much!!
have a great weekend!

Unknown at: Sat Jan 26, 03:24:00 PM GMT+8 said...

i used to make this for afternoon snacks eons ago.:p my cousin, a grown-up man now, still pester me every now and then to make this pizza when he visits. he was in grade school when i was experimenting on making pizza.*lol*

by the way, Jen's Labong Meatballs is quite interesting.

Jessica Cassidy at: Sun Jan 27, 10:01:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I miss eating meatballs :-( usually mix it with the spaghetti sauce :-) My husband and my daughter loves to eat pizza and your recipe is tempting to bite Sis :-) Sharing for Food Friday

Tetcha Figuerres at: Mon Jan 28, 05:20:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I'm sure your homemade pizza is delicious. I would love to try those labong meatballs, too.

maiylah at: Wed Jan 30, 10:17:00 AM GMT+8 said...

@LM: oh yeah, most kids love pizza (specially if there are LOTS of melted cheese!)! :)

@Jessica: thanks, sis! love how pizza can be created to each one's preference (vegetarian, vegan, or all meat!)!

appreciate much your taking the time to play again, ladies!
enjoy the rest of the week!

maiylah at: Wed Jan 30, 10:20:00 AM GMT+8 said...

@Life Journeys:

so sorry, I couldn't get to visit your post; i get this one everytime I click on your link:

THIS BLOG IS OPEN TO INVITED READERS ONLY:

http://halieslifesjourneys.blogspot.com/


It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation.

...would love to visit your post anytime. just give me a holler once I can take a peek. :)
enjoy the rest of the week!

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post