Search This Blog

Sick Child



2 shared thoughts
My four year old has been having the cough and sniffles for the longest time now. Well, I believe that it has almost been a month (or more?!) now since the first episode. We gave him medication and at first it seemed to be improving, then when he got back to school ... the cough came back! Believe me, I got real worried. I gave him medications again, but nothing seemed to make him well. He was still active and wanted to go to school, which was a good thing.

It got to the point wherein I noticed that the medications didn't seem to be doing any good anymore. I stopped them. Well, had to finish the antibiotic's duration, of course. The antihistamines, nasal decongestants, and anti-asthma meds were stopped. Funny thing, he seemed to get better! Really.

He still has the occasional cough and sniffles but not like before. I changed his diet, too. Not that much restaurant/delivery foods anymore. This time, plain old homemade fried chicken and chicken soup with veggies (usually pechay).

Lesson learned? Nothing beats homemade cooking, made with lots of love and concern! Cheesy, huh? But oh-so-true! :)

2 shared thoughts:

Winnie at: Thu Aug 01, 09:54:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Yes nothing is like homemade cooking and like Mom's love

I hope he'll be back not normal soon!!

maiylah at: Thu Aug 08, 08:33:00 PM GMT+8 said...

thanks, Winnie
he's getting there..slowly but surely. :)

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post